View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 05:59 AM   #45
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
When talking about pure beauracratic BS never use the two words "Military" and "Intelligence" in the same sentence [img]graemlins/jamesbond.gif[/img]

As Pro-Military as I am let me relate a lil story for you. First thing you need to know, at the time, the military rated its people on a 4.0 scale, like most schools in this part o the country.

They had this one guy who blew out a knee and could not meet the minimum time for running 1.5 miles in 13 minutes or less. This guy was in a technical field position so the furthest he would ever run would be about 150 feet. His evals were 4.0, he had just graduated top american student from a $65,000 training course (darn canuk beat him for top score) and had been given a $12,000 reenlistment bonus. The base commander kicked him out of the service even though Washington had issued the guy a waiver on the run portion of the PT and his direct superior had verified his importance to the Navy. The commanding officer's reasoning was, "I won't have anyone in MY Navy who cant run at least 1.5 miles!" end of story. Commanding officers have sole discreationary power over giving people the boot.

That guy was me in February of 1990. As big a dick as the guy was, it was really a favor to me in the long run [img]smile.gif[/img] I now make 4 times what I made annually in the service and no one ever shoots at me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Magik, you ever thought of turning this into a country and western song ?. Maybe Yorick can help. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-19-2002, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: Lanesra ]