View Single Post
Old 11-18-2002, 10:44 PM   #41
Chewbacca
Zartan

The whole notion of being "openly gay" makes me think of what it would be like to be "openly black" or "openly female". What if it were "openly christian/muslim/jewish"?

It all boils down to the irational fear of homosexuality. The thinking may be summed up like this: I

"If I don't know a person is gay, that is ok. But once I find out, be it through whim, wit, or folly, It is not ok. That person, who is gay, makes ME feel so uncomfortable with myself that instead of analyzing my fear of what is totally unknown or even taboo to me, I seek to stop them from living out an honorable life serving their Nation."

If the homosexual person is leering at you in the shower, and you don't know they are gay, what difference does it make if they are leering at you and you do know they are gay? They are still leering at you.

I am Bona-Fide hetro-sexual. Some of my good friends in life are gay men, I know a few in the military. They live under veil of constant fear that they will lose their job, their lively hood and their right to serve and defend the nation they love.