Thread: Questions....
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2000, 09:04 AM   #3
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I'm writing as someone who has used the cheats on occassion. It can be fun sometimes to see what a whole party running around with Crom Fayrs can do. It's a personal choice if you want to use cheats or not. You should play the game properly without cheats once and then if you want to cheat to see a particular item or get to a certain place faster then go ahead. For me it can be frustrating reloading a dozen times because that beholder keeps death spelling me and it may be for others so for those people the game may end up more enjoyable for them to be a little bit tougher and have say magical resistance or something. There seems to be an overwhelming feeling of DO NOT CHEAT, CHEATS ARE BAD. I'm just saying you shouldn't be judgemental against anyone that uses cheats. What's fun and challenging for you may be impossible for someone else. Not everyone can spend all day on the game like all of us on this board seem too. If you just want to breeze through just to see the different dialogues between characters you can do that if you want.As was said above they can be useful if you lose an item or the game glitches. I used shadowkeeper to get the special items from the collector cds until I could get a copy of them. In my current game my swashbuckler is running around with blackrazor in chapter three. Here's this great item that you can get for all of five minutes and not at all if you're good. Does it make the game easier having it? Yes of course. Does it ruin the enjoyment? Hell no. The games too good for that. People have put a lot of work into these editing programs and it seems a shame not to try them based on some idea of principle. Say you lose your favourite character permanently by accident. simple, use a program to create him again. Sorry about the rant there I just thought I should defend the other side of cheating a bit. I'm not going to feel guilty because I fiddle with the game a bit. Comments and replies of course are welcome. Let's see how big we can get this thread huh. I'm curious to see as many different viewpoints as possible.