View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 08:13 PM   #14
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Have figured a way to make the laptop useable, right now, and save all the IT guy's dirty deeds at the same time. Am going to tell them to buy a new hardrive for the thing, and just completely take out the old one.
that way , I can do my work w/o worrying about him getting in there and mucking about after the local comp fixer does his thing.
AND, it lets me send the hard drive off to a company who specializes in peeling the layers of the onion, and that report will suffice as far as any other evidence about his nefarious activities.
I'll put my own copy of win2kpro on the thing, be the administrator, and he can knowck on the door all he wants. as far as the offer of a firewall, and a way to catch him at his game, PLEASE DO TELL!! I know he will try, and that would be some delicious icing on the cake. So, please e-me or send a pm about what sort of trap I might be able to set for this loose canon, I want th3e others to know b4 I go what he did.
thanks for all the suggestions, btw. [img]smile.gif[/img] - me smiling for the first time in a while.

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm