Thread: Fav Character
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2003, 04:08 AM   #72
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by GodzGift:
Hi everybody....this is my first post on here. I am currently working on my 2nd trip through BGTotSC. right now my character is:

Delphina
Half-Elf female
Lawful Good Mage
HP - 23
currently level 7
AC 6

STR - 16
DEX - 14
CON - 11
INT - 18
WIS - 10
CHA - 12

Prof.
small sword +
blunt weopons +

she's been pretty good so far except you really cant lead a party with a straight mage without getting your butt handed to you everytime you turn around...LOL

by the way...how are these people getting such high stats on their characters??
How did you manage to get such LOW stats?? A total of 81 !! If you reroll and keep your highest total roll (independent of where the points are assigned) for about 10 minutes, I guess you are able to reach a total of 90+ for a mage. After you have decided to stop rolling the dice, distribute your poinst by subtracting from some abilities and adding to others.

IIRC my elf mage/fighter/thief had a roll with 92 in total (after 15 minutes). I distributed the points like:

STR 18/xx
DEX 19
CON 15
INT 18
WIS 7
CHA 15

which will become:

STR 19
DEX 20
CON 16
INT 19
WIS 10
CHA 16 (-> 18 with a certain cloak)

after using all the books.

For a mage I would prefer using a sling for ranged attacks. Ie. have high dex and a '*' in missile weapons.

If you are a power player like me (I know about the 19->20 dex issue, but I am a DEX freak too) you could make a better character, but for role playing she is well balanced and quite OK (a little too strong (STR) though, maybe).

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane

And Welcome to IronWorksForum (beware of the cat )
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]