View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 07:44 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:

One plaintiff, a 15-year-old boy, is 5ft 6in and weighs 400 pounds. The diabetic claims to have eaten at McDonald's almost every day since he was six.
That is just criminal! Are his parents insane??
I was annoyed when I went out for dinner with my family in Germany, because my cousin fed her 1 1/5-year-old fries and meat but no veggies at all. The poor child is encouraged at such a young age to eat potatos and meat and to dislike veggies! My sister and I gave him some tomato at breakfast, but my grandmother had to butt in and coo "here, sausage! Now *that* is yummy" and force her sandwich with way too much butter and sausage on it on the kid.
Now if that gets me annoyed, you can imagine what this articule makes me. Disgusting. [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]

For the record, I do enjoy an occasional McDonalds meal very much indeed (but then I'm trying to gain weight ) but when I was a child, the place was a frikken taboo for me! I think that between the ages of 0-14 I haven't been to a big fast food restaurant more than thrice. Sure we were allowed fries and sure we didn't like all veggies... but if it's true that this kid practically spent all his mealtimes at McDonalds... that's sickening. Poor child.
He should sue his bloody stupid parents, not McD's.

[ 05-01-2003, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]