View Single Post
Old 10-19-2000, 11:21 AM   #4
TDZHON

*****SPOIL******

My party was unstoppable at that point. I didn't even lose a char in that battle.

First, Ignore Irnicus and take out each demon. Irenicus retreated on me to the opposite side. For some reason, the slayer was easy to kill. The best strat is to cast prot. from evil 10' radius - that will protect your mages and clerics. Wait for the globe of invuln to dissapear, then finish off Irenicus.

If you have the cloak of reflection, always put that char in front. Let him take the spell beatings - most of the spells are reflected. Once I got that cloak, I think I only died about 5 times in chaps 5 to 7. Before that, I had about 200 deaths. The dragons were a cake walk with the cloak. My char took them on SOLO!!! That cloak is really imbalanced. With my fighter wearing that thing and a dual classed cleric/thief I could do the entire game without much problem. I still love it - nice to get some revenge after falling victim to those gauths so many times. With that cloak, they kill themselves! And beholders are a joke.