View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Re: Car window wrap.

Both ideas are good, tanks.
After six hours of slow poking and prodding with the internal panel, and Internet searching for said panel, I found the gold mine, kind of. This one described that the window was still operational, if window is stuck down, the weight of the window is transfered to the internal panel, etc...Two person task, one person needs to pry the bottom panel out and push their hand into the opening, then push up on the obstruction (the window). The second person has to hold the window straight, and guide it (without it falling all the way out) up from the other person. Then tape window to the car door with heavy duty tape, and follow DIY number three. Whew! It's up, supported with a padded 1x2 for primary support, and a sheet of corrugated cardboard for secondary support. Along the way I found a dealer recall on this exact problem. Since we are the original owners, we know this recall has not been conducted, as well as the difference in parts. Calling the dealer Monday with a hey, got an alert from my NHSTA account about this recall, any ideas? If so, away it goes. If not, placing the repair kit order Monday afternoon, should take less than two hours now that it has been done once.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote