View Single Post
Old 02-15-2001, 11:27 PM   #9
Gadzooks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

FYI, after 3 levels.... my warrior (Wagad) is level 54. He has armor that is +22 to all w/ reflections (496/496). His helmet is +21 to all, his shield is +18 to all with poison cloud (976/976). He wields a throwing axe (40-45 w/vampire, +45 HP damage) and sword (I like to have a sheild for better AC) 50-75 (vampire w/+42 HP damage). He has a +31 to all (w/invisibility 1400/1400) and +22 to all rings. If you think this guy is dangerous in a dark alley, you should see Polgara (level 73 - max'ed in all spells - had to stop playing network game with her cause she kept killing me accidently - through my warding attempts).

Warriors max out at 50 exp points in magic (100 in Dex, 150 in Vit, and 1000 in Str). So I decided to get my warrior to 50 in magic fast and buy every magic potion elmeric has. I played him as a paladin for the first two levels (Fighter/Mage) - probably should have played a monk, they have higher magic, but monks still max out at 100 magic. Anyway, his magic base is 100+ using that strategy. The high magic levels help in reading books, but not for mana. I quickly figured out that with warriors, it's much better to get stuff that's +n to mana than +n to magic (he wears an Amulet that's +72 to mana and another ring that's +56 to Mana). Additionally, items with spells in them 1) raise your spell level 1 experience level (if you have Magic bomb 2/8 and a helmet w/MB in it, you will cast MB at level 3/8 ) and 2) use mana in the item as opposed to your internal supply. This is real handy for the 'wasp nest quest - get something w/ confusion and something w/invocation). By taking advantage of 1) you can achieve level 9/8 in your spell casting.

MTCW,
Gadzooks is offline   Reply With Quote