View Single Post
Old 10-09-2001, 08:29 PM   #28
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

This is it , Mistral clenches her fists excitedly, I'm finally going to get some answers to my questions! ~ Frowns as she sees Fabian's solemn expression ~ "What is it?"

Sighing, Fabian looks at her piteously. ~ "Your father has just died, Mistral. That's why we went after you… for his blade." No! It can't be! He's been alive all this while and I've just missed seeing him?! A wave of giddiness strikes Mistral, and Fabian catches her in time before her frame collapses onto the ground. "H…how did he die? Where did he die?" ~ Fabian continues gazing at her with concern, and she grows impatient. With a harsh voice, she hisses, "Speak! I'm well enough!"

Fabian has no choice but to continue ~ "Your father was in the city, looking for you. We believe he wanted to hand his blade to you before he died. And he was dying, from frail health and a tortured mind. To worsen matters, he did not know how you looked, having not seen you since your time of birth."

Is this really my father he's talking about? Can it be true that he wanted to see me at last? But… "Why did he leave me in the first place?" a sob escapes from Mistral, and her eyes well with tears. "Why?" she repeats defiantly.

"I am only repeating what Serephine told me some time ago. Apparently he was much grieved when your mother died giving birth to you. He felt he couldn't forgive you, and sent you to a female fighting society for them to train you as soon as the time was right…he expected you to make a living for yourself being a swordswoman." And I did fulfil that partly Mistral thinks dreamily, except that I felt a second calling… I wonder… ~ Aloud ~ "And my mother? What was she like?"

Deep furrows form in Fabian's eyebrows; he is clearly trying hard to recall what he had heard from Serephine earlier. "Your mother, Mistral, was a sorceress."

It all fits in so far , Mistral tries to push away her sorrow and piece the information together, no wonder I have always felt magical energy flowing in my blood. ~ Remembers she has missed out something: "Do you know their names?"

"Your father was a paladin by the name of Lord Aragorn Brightblade, and your mother was called Eilonwy." Aragorn… Eilonwy… Mistral's eyes turn misty as she tries to picture them, a loving couple blessed with the complementary combination of might and magic. ~ Feels a hand on her shoulder and turns around. ~

"I'm glad to have been of some assistance to you, Mistral. And now, I thank you for your repayment." Saying, Fabian shoves a dagger into her hand, grabs her hand and aims the dagger at his own heart.