View Single Post
Old 10-27-2002, 12:57 PM   #45
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LOL, remember that this is only Part I of Three!

Sefa was quitre satisfied with her welcome when she returned home with this information. Chorania, who was the first one that she saw as she came running breathlessly in, received her rapturously, clasping her to her ample bosom and swinging her around, off of her feet..
"Sefa!" she exclaimed, "You are a miracle worker. You repay the favor that our Mistress shows you well. Come along, she will want to hear you herself. She is in her study." She released the girl and strode rapidly into the dim room , Sefa at her heels.
Galadria was seated at her table, searching with the scrying bowl. She looked up expectantly as they rushed in. "Yes, Cho?" she asked excitedly. "Does Sefa have news for us?" She turned to her apprentice, smiling with anticipation.
"Yes, Mistress," Sefa blurted. She told her of the magician, his habits and present location. "And," she finished, "the boy at the Bear said that his name was Bandicut. Who is he mistress? Why is he spying on us?"
"I do not know, Sefa," the dark mage responded, now frowning, "but I assure you that I intend to find out. Chorania! Fetch the rest, there's a dear. Only," she added, "let Noemi nap. This might be dangerous."
"What???" came in a shout from the doorway. Noemi waddled in, her eyes shooting fire. "Gal, you are not going anywhere without me. The very idea! I have already had a nap, and I am going to find out who it is that is spying on me - us, I mean."
"Oh, Em!" her sister cried in exasperation, "what about the baby? Suppose this wizard casts a spell on you that makes you lose her? Think of her, will you?"
The little redhead stuck her lower lip out. "No, ma'am," she answered stubbornly, "this baby is the child of prophecy. Let the prophecy take care of her. I'm going with you.because I'm not going to raise this baby alone. What if something happened to you, because I wasn't there? Nope, I'm coming."
"Oh, all right," Galadria said in resignation. "I can't force you to stay here, and I suppose that you'd just follow us." She eyed her sister's bulging abdomen. "Though, if we went fast enough, you probably wouldn't get there before it was all over." Ignoring Noemi's cries of indignation, she turned to her apprentice. "Sefa, run along over to the Swine. Keep a watch on it so that he doesn't sneak off before we get there." Sefa obediently went on out, as the bustle of preparation continued.
She ran rapidly to the Inn of the Smiling Swine. Once there, she picked a suitable vantage point to watch both doors, and had just settled in comfortably to wait, when she was struck from behind and fell unconscious.
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote