View Single Post
Old 02-15-2002, 07:03 AM   #8
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by NobleNick:
(...) There is more good news (I think). I am pretty sure that your party's storyline is tied to the leader of the group. In other words, the story revolves around the leader: the other characters are along for the ride. If so, then the ones that were "along for the ride" should be able to jump ship. Here's how ...

You should be able to create a new game back in Easthaven with ONE new character. He/She will be the leader of your new party; then import all characters from your Kuldahar party, except the leader (you'll have to export them from the Kuldahar party, first) and start the adventure over with the new leader and 5 members from your more experienced party. This more powerful party, along with your previous experience in these areas, allow you to sail much more quickly through the events that lead you to Kuldahar, cutting down on the time you lost.

If you want your leader to be a little more experienced, let him do all of the easy quests inside of Easthaven, and get the 5,000 quest points all to himself, before importing the other party members to help with goblins and investigate missing caravan.

You MIGHT be able to import a member of the original party (not the leader) as the leader of your new party, and even make the old leader a non-leading member; but I personally wouldn't chance it. Just reroll a new leader; and give him the same name, etc. as the old, if you're really attached to him.

Oh, yeah, and have the old leader strip down and give all of his stuff to the other party members before you export them.

Oh! Oh! ... Another thing I just thought of: You could try to delete the leader in Kuldahar, save the game with a party of five (your number two guy will become the new leader) and roll another NEW character to fill the empty slot. Try this at the party arbitration screen that you pick after the game has loaded and you have started adventuring, NOT the one that comes up automatically during the "load game" process. I think there is a chance this will work; and it only takes a few minutes to find out ...

Hope this helps.

If you want to export/reimport your old party, you can do that with the entire party, no need to delete the leader. If you restart the game with an imported party from a previous game, the reputation/hostilities they had at the end of that previous game will be reset to the standard for new characters. Only their stats, XP and equipment will be carried over.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote