View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 06:45 AM   #29
Link
Jack Burton

While I do feel sorry for the woman in question, I still can't believe people who say this is neglect. The bare fact that people even look after others of their species is probably the best definition of altruism you can possibly get. I mean; look at any given creature in the world, anywhere, and you'll see they do not support any of their species as much as humans do. Darwin was right when he wrote about about survival of the fittest after all. And don't start on "humans are different", 'cause when the going gets tough we're all a bunch of animals, whatever the way you look at it.

Back on subject though: everyone has problems. Everyone has their demons. It's the choice you make to either face them, or run away from them that counts. IMHO the world consists of two groups, those who give in to their demons, and those who fight their demons. And the fighters last longer; those who give in probably end up feeling so pathetic about themselves they honestly do believe the world has turned against them. It's time people realised that you make your own future. And if you fight for your ideals, fight for your dreams, fight for everything you're worth when the going gets tough, the worst that could happen is that you're going to have to say "at least I did the best I could do".

Mind you, I'm not blaming this woman for anything, not judging her for becoming who she was, I'm just saying that neglect is an emotion, not a judicial method to punish people.

[ 08-15-2004, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: Link ]