View Single Post
Old 10-13-2000, 12:23 AM   #1
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Your continuing battle-with-the-bottle is an epic in and of itself, my bwashsuckling friend. Not won yet, I fear. To the point, thus far I've found with one character alone you can go up / down stairs on their own, but to enter or leave areas (houses etc) you need the whole party. Successful strategies could include:

a) Gather lawful good NPC's into the party one by one. Send them up to do as much damage as they can before dying. When dead, remove them from your party and repeat with next lawful good char you can find until you're ready to bring your whole party up and wreak merry havok.

b) Trigger the mage's aggression and their defencive spells, run away like an ice-weasel and wait for the defensive spells / triggers to wear off. Run up hasted and give them a thoroughly sound beating.

c) If you're where I think you are, you can trap them in a room by using the old cloud spell on the edge of the fog'o'war. I used this to much effect last night with some particularly persistent golems who refused to die otherwise.

d) To the best of my knowledge, nobody really appreciates my Spell sequencer with 3x Invoker fireball.

e) If all else fails, protection from evil 10'radius on your party + Summon Fiend is quite amusing.

I don't know why you're intent upon being the harbringer of doom upon these poor magelings anyway, they make a fine cup of halfling tea.