Thread: Mass Effect
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #22
dregnus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Re: Mass Effect

What an awesome game:

I ran through the game on Veteran with a Vanguard. Both of my roommates were playing male characters, so I thought I'd try out the female.

Playing a Vanguard can be a rough start, as you'll only have pistols to kill people with throw and warp as powers. Warp, as you'll no doubt learn, is absolutely worthless. I don't recommend throwing any points in that. Throw, and later on lift, will be the bread and butter biotic powers for a Vanguard, along with Barrier to keep yourself alive.

Pretty soon, you'll get the use of shotguns and medium armor, which with barrier will keep you alive and get you close to the action. By the end of the game you're pretty much invulnerable. With the best biotic amp, Throw and Lift are pretty much instant kills, along with Carnage (shoot a rocket from your shotgun) and Adrenaline Burst grants instant use of all your powers again.

Party members for me were Garrus and Wrex, both armed with assault rifles. I was really hoping that Wrex would charge in and melee people like every other Krogan and resistance but, I don't think he ever did that.

What classes did you guys play as? My roommates did a pure soldier and an infiltrator. I'm thinking the sentinel and pure tech classes will probably be the hardest to play (and least fun), while the soldier, biotic, and vanguard the easiest.