View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 05:54 AM   #3
Lucern
Quintesson

Thanks Aerich! So THIS is your other lair.

I may not be able to resist dabbling in the game but I'll try to acquire HoW by my usual means. I don't suppose it'll still be for sale at stores like Best Buy now, but you never know. Maybe it'll be at that Half Priced Books again - if someone was foolish enough to part with this game, perhaps someone will be foolish enough to part with its expansion.

Good points about the fighter/thief combination, though I always liked the cleric/thief combination too. For some reason I had not considered the strength effect on backstabs, which is probably because through most games I just create an old pen-and-paper party. There was a half-elven fighter/thief, but her strength was dead average. The halfling thief's strength is 6 hehe. There was also no wizard, so you can imagine I make hard games even harder lol. A very intelligent bard made up for that though. They got through Pool of Radience (the first one), Curse of the Azure Bonds, and BG 1 and 2, but I think I'll bench them for this one since it sounds even harder. In any case, it's great to know that all races/classes are created equal as far as level limits go!

Clerics are actually my favorite class to play. I love those divine-magic wielding, undead-turning, full-plate wearing folks who hit with that flail or Mace of Disruption 'just' often enough. My favorite 3rd edition build for them makes a mockery of their traditional combat limitations - picture a greatsword wielding fellow who stands at the front line with the fighters and usually stays there.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote