View Single Post
Old 03-12-2002, 03:37 PM   #1
Snive
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Being at work, I do not have data in front of me. And for the rest of this post, you can switch vit and HP for piety and SP and the question will remain the same.

I'll begin with an example.
Assume I have two human fighters. At level 1 fighterA has 50 vit, fighterB has 59 vit. As they level up, fighterB adds nothing to vit, fighterA adds 3 vit each level. Finally at level 4, they will both have 59 vit. Can anybody say for certain that they will have matching hit points, or will fighterB have more hitpoints than fighterA?

Unfortunately, my party doesn't have two characters of the same class. But I do have an ankh of youth (+10 vit). I noticed that when I equipped my level 12 elf bishop, she got a measly 4 more hit points. When I equipped my level 12 mook samurai, he got 8 or 9 hit points (again i'm not at home, so I don't have the exact numbers).

I remember reading in one of these posts that every point of vit was 0.125 hit points. I remember another post where a person claimed level, class and vitality were the prime determinants of your hit points, but they offered no formula, just that there were groups of classes that were similar such as lord & valkyrie.

So please, if someone has experimented or dug through code could they please give the formula or insight. Later tonight, I plan on starting a game with fightersA and B (actually, i'll probably use priests, because then I can measure HP and SP at the same time).
Snive is offline   Reply With Quote