View Single Post
Old 10-20-2000, 09:13 PM   #24
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Ok, I understand your point now. You must not use the thief's backstab ability much. That's mainly why I chose a thief. That and the ability to hide in shadows (stealth). I combine THAT with the fighting ability of the fighter. HP's don't matter if you never get hit. (Not saying he doesn't, but he does move around enough and I protect him enough he doesn't get hit much). Like I said, I have used this 1 character to take on an entire dungeon before (does take longer than using a full party, but it's easier for me to both control and protect). I will admit that I do use the Open Locks and Find/Remove Traps option too, but not as much as I do my BACKSTAB. Whatever I hit FIRST, I kill. So I am pretty much guaranteed that at least the 1 hardest enemy, I can take out right away. Should I decide to attack from range, I do have my Fighter with his BOW stats, or he can waddle up and use mult attacks with his specialization to quickly take someone out. Again, he doesn't have too many hitpoints/granted, but I don't really need them.