View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 09:25 PM   #21
mad=dog

Well Cerek from reading your message I can only see one other use you mention and that is shooting cans. Sorry for being so rude, but regardless of your use of the gun that is not the intended use. After all you can shoot at cans with softguns, airguns, paintguns or other non-harmful guns. The intended use of firearms is to do harm. They are pretty pointless otherwise.
Shooting cans and gun practise is a cultural element of the US and I have already said that I don't find this problematic in itself. When I was in the States I naturally went to a shooting range to shoot off a few cases of rounds. It's fun and entertaining. I'll gladly admit that.

I basically wanted to separate the problem so it could be analysed better. The same conditions do not apply in the US and in Europe so it is difficult to transfer experiences and knowledge. Also there is a difference between kitchen knives and weapons I wanted to illustrate.