View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 10:36 PM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Has anyone seen Lennoncook yet to post his daily dosis of "I hate Windows!"
Firstly, as I said in the other thread, I don't hate Windows. I simply hate it's quirks and security problems (and default colou scheme). Secondly, such things are hardly daily (well, ok, they have been lately, but that's coinicidence [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). Thirdly, the problems that cav_again was having are not direct quirks of any program. Although I think it would be easier to fix these things in Linux (no putting up with a wizard), and Linux programs would tell you more about the actual problem (and maybe even give you hints on fixing it, depending on what reported the problem), I avoid telling anyone to change OSs unless they seem at least vaguely interested in it, which most people do not.

Beumanoir, System Restore is realy a little over the top for something like this. Sure, it can fix everything, but there are other ways aswell, which are often easier, faster, and less destructive. To use system restore for anything short of "I can only boot to safemode" is much like bulldozing a house because of a carpet stain... moreso if you don't have a recent restore point.