View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:38 AM   #99
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by shamrock_uk:
Muslims have every right to be angry about US policy in the Middle-East - but this doesn't mean that they want to kill American civilians. The average Muslim is not a foaming-at-the-mouth fanatic. They are fathers, mothers, sons and daughters, just like you. Above all, they are human beings, deserving of respect for their traditions and faith - I would beg you to make an effort to find out more and talk to Muslims about their faith. When articles like the one you posted are circulated, it only ever continues the cycle of ill-feeling, violence and ultimately death.
i believe that if you read the whole thread you will see that my husband has made it clear he dislikes islamofacists, not muslims as a people. he has studied and looked into things. the fact that you feel that muhammed (?spelling?) had a right defend himself violently proves that the islamic church was based on violence. whether or not that is how it is today is kind of hard to tell. as much as our own church is called a cult because of our secret temple, etc. the muslim people keep just as many if not more secrets. all of us seem to want to point fingers at those who think differently than ourselves..

all of this started because nathan refuses to change the name of the thread, and some on here have decided to throw their opinions around. this includes my husband, but the anger here reallys hould stop and i do wish either people would leave this thread or a mod would shut it down. no one is learning anything here.