View Single Post
Old 08-22-2001, 05:50 PM   #49
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
If you dream you are aware. If you hurt you are aware. If one has has one thought, a concious, aware thought, that is proof of existance - even if that existance is purely mental and has no physical entiity. "I" is the awareness capable of thoughts I experience.

Please don't try and tell me you can be aware and not exist. That is a contradiction. You cannot "do" "have" or "feel" anything if you are nothing, and I cannot believe I am writing this! AAAARRRRGGG!

Awareness, ok. But to exist, you need to define what you think of as exist. And as it is not clear if this world is being dreamed by a butterfly or not that could prove a bit of a problem. And what IS your awareness or your consciousness? If it is the sum total of your experiences and feelings, someone could, I believe, manipulate you, for (hypothetical) IF this world is being dreamed by a butterfly, that butterfly could dream, for instance, that you experience things that are not part of the "real world", these experiences AND the feelings you have because of them AND the things you did because of these experiences or feelings etc. would ALL have been manipulated. So you cannot be sure if your awareness is even you...wait... I didnt mean it like that... your awareness may have been influenced by other people... ok ill get some sleep im not making too much sense right now see ya after school tomorrow (european time)

THE CONFUSION THEORY