View Single Post
Old 08-22-2001, 05:10 PM   #46
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
I know I know ...I'm not stupid ...I was just trying to summarise it as short as possible because lazy
But this possibility that our memories are creation rather than reality, I just don't buy it. I KNOW it cannot be disproved in any way, but to me that is not a reason to accept it as possibility. Reasoning and logic can make many things seem possible, but to me they're just words. When I am alone with my thoughts and memories I feel their reality and know for certain that they are real.

BTW An example of these logic/reasoning traps I am talking about (wholly offtopic but there ya go) is one of Aquino's 'infallible' proofs that (a) God exists.
Everything is in movement. Right? Right. Everything that moves, needs to be 'pushed' or moved by something else first, in order for it to move. Right? Right. So, if everything needs something else to move for it to move itself, then what is there at the end of this long chain of domino stones? The Immobile Mover, the centre of the Universe who gave the first push, i.e. God. It's 'infallible' logic but do you believe me?

Ah Mel, never were you considered stupid And you were never asked to believe this theory, I don't and never claimed to. Merely mentioned that it exists. Sheesh!

And for the infallible proof of God's existance...could one not push themselves? This immovable object could be nothing more that a large brick wall...right?

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time