View Single Post
Old 10-31-2001, 09:43 PM   #47
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

Originally posted by Vaskez:
It takes a lot more faith to believe that the world was created randomly than to believe it was created by an all-powerful being.

beautifuly put

Originally posted by John D Harris:
The Quantum phsyisis that get paid the "big bucks" to think and study this won't even agree with you on that.

you're kidding, aren't you? physicist and big bucks... yeah right sorry to disapoint you, but physicists are very far from rich; and would you believe it - they're not in it for the money. just thought I'd point that out...

on-topic now...
to all who claim they don't believe in evolution, I do suggest you read this link.
here's just an extract regarding 'dictionary' definitions of evolution:
These definitions are simply wrong. Unfortunately it is common for non-scientists to enter into a discussion about evolution with such a definition in mind. This often leads to fruitless debate since the experts are thinking about evolution from a different perspective. When someone claims that they don't believe in evolution they cannot be referring to an acceptable scientific definition of evolution because that would be denying something which is easy to demonstrate. It would be like saying that they don't believe in gravity!

this was just a randomly picked link google came up with when I did a search on evolution. there are many more that can help give the general public a correct idea of just what evolution is about.
now, I'm not an expert on evolution or biology, I'm actually a student of astronomy. but as someone walking down the scientific path of education I have become strongly aware that the general public often has a grossly flawed view of scientific research and theories. the fact is, it is generally VERY HARD to describe the idea of a specific theory to the laymen without simplefying it to the point where it's coherency and foundation become blurred.

I simply ask that you do give some thought into the subject and try to understand that the scientists who devote their lives to studying a specific subject DO HAVE a great deal more knowledge about it than you. it could be that when you're yelling out 'I DON'T BELIEVE YOUR THEORY' you might even have the very basics of it wrong (quite possibly by no fault of your own).

ok, now flame away

------------------

[This message has been edited by frudi_x (edited 10-31-2001).]