View Single Post
Old 09-12-2001, 05:56 AM   #182
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Damn, it's very difficult for me to get involved in these discussions with the timezone I'm in. I had hoped that we could keep this thread as an intelligent, rational discussion about an obviously emotive topic and I think by and large we succeeded - we should be proud of ourselves in that although the discussion got heated at times, we prevented flaming - for the most part.

I'm a bit disappointed that there were a couple of individuals who sniped at each other during this entire thread, with personal attacks from both parties on each other. One person was flamebaited in a provocative way and responded with a flame and it went downhill from there. You know who you are - all you need to do is read this thread in its entirety as I just have.

I'm not going to say who started what because that's not important - as you both pointed out you're mature adults and I would hope that you would be able to debate this issue - all political leanings aside - in a civilized manner. Please try and keep your personal feelings for each other (or whatever feud you may have at MH) from your posts here. If you don't feel you can do this, then I would request that you not post on the thread out of consideration for other people who are trying to have a discussion.

Fair enough?

------------------