View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 01:25 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Just a few brief thoughts tonight... it's been a long time since I've been able to game, and life was good tonight.

First off, the Den has now completed all the Ishad N'ha quests. Retrieved the Eye, slew the bandit king, and offed Grue Morde. On to Brimloch Roon...

The Den took a chance on killing Erathsmedor, but it was quickly determined that he would be too much. I mean, they only had around 30 healrealm scrolls... and when you're dealing just 8-10 points of damage per shot, ya ain't doin' much...

So after reloading, the Den retrieved the Mavin sword, D'Soto's chain, and a few more ankhs. Digger, the assassin, is the only one in bonus territory for attributes, so we're saving the ankhs.

Realized after a few minutes of gaming that anyone can wield the Mavin... including some little wimpy rogues. So Stripes, the lead Boogre rogue, is now wielding the mavin. Digger has a nightblade, while Slinky, Miss Piggy, and Half-Pint wield Rapiers +1. Only Janet still has a Short Sword +1... for now...

Ran into the problem with my game freezing again, but since I know it's just a temporary halt, it's mostly annoying. Except that when it freezes, commands can stack up. If I try to turn, it stacks up the turns, and when it comes back, it executes them all.

Neat, huh? Not very useful, right? Wrong!

Everything stacks up, including (somehow) going upward. During one freeze, I somehow hit a jump, or a look-up/go forward, because when the freeze was over, the entire Den screamed as they fell (you may recall the sound... aahhhhhh!). The average damage they took was 65 points, and Janet became a gnomecake. We took a look around, and we appeared to be at the top of... something! I'm not sure what, but a short step later, and we dropped into the tops of some trees.

At this point, Digger cast a call of home spell to get us out of the mess. Healed everyone up at the temple, and away they went....

Got all the Brimloch Roon quests, and completed the Argothius one. Digger's IceStorm sure comes in handy... Now onto Talric and the rest of the BR area...

Oh... I noticed one interesting thing while dozing through Sabastio's speech. He actually asked us to "destory" Mada Mabbig, not destroy her. If my mind were working better, I'd come up with a delightful comment about that, but since it's not, I'll leave it with... %&@$% typos! I hate that as a programmer...

More later, as the news warrants...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote