View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 01:13 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well... to put it simply. It gives an Artificial Intelligence (hopefully [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) to your characters.

To assign a script,

1) Go to the Character Record Screen (press 00FFFF">R)
2) Click on the Customise button
3) Click on the Script button
4) Select the script that you want to assign to that character

Unfortunately... Black Isle Studios has a nasty habit of making... well, let's not kid ourselves, brainless AI scripts as the default options. Not a single one of them even deals with the simple issue of healing potions despite the fact that they did for the enemy.

My scripts merely, well... gives more respectability to the option of AI scripting for the bread and butter battles. I mean seriously, it rocks when you watch your party mow down an enemy party by themselves with no direct intervention from you.

However, I must stress that nothing can beat a manual control over the party when it comes to the big/boss battles.

My aim is to make it less tedious for the gamer during the minor/normal battles. I mean... come on, it can get monotonous doing the same thing over and over again when an AI script can duplicate, if not improve, your actions.

---- ----

ZFR, I use Infinity Script Editor to write the .baf file, and use Near Infinity to compile the .baf files into .bcs files. Then a simple renaming them into .bs files allows them to be used for IWD.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote