Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2002, 02:48 AM   #27
Neuromancer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
So you're saying it was actually the Christian's fault that they were fed to the lions for entertainment.
I've heard a lot of twisted-logic arguments against Christianity...but this one takes the cake.
Which flavor ? [img]smile.gif[/img]

In general terms I agree with The Hierophant & The Hunter. It *was* acceptable at that time - and christianity wasnt a wide-spread religion way back then. It was just another rather annoying cult - which worked like a splinter in the eye of panthenon based religion society. Some other acceptable roman behaviour patterns were : killing kids & wife for a crime of their husband/father up to rooting out whole family trees for more *serious* crimes (like offending the emperor). Or massive masturbations in arena while watching people being killed.
And I wasn't assigning *fault* to anyone - history does that instead far better than I do. I just thought that people reading my two lines will put them into the proper historical context & not jump to "attack insert-religion-here post" can of worms. Mea culpa.

Neuro

Edit : Found typos - some, at least [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-28-2002, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: Neuromancer ]