View Single Post
Old 11-22-2001, 12:52 PM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

For those just beginning (or even imports), get a bard! They make all the difference in the beginning of the game.

You can do without a rogue with a bard: they can learn lockpicking early on (not as fast as the rogue, but still...), level up very quickly, and they are invaluable to use the many instruments you come across in the game. In particular, the Piercing Pipes (found just west of the Monastery on the Arnika Road; casts unlimited Shrill Sound spells) and the Siren's Horn (found in the Graveyard Crypt just east of Trynton, casts unlimited Insanity) make the bard one of the most powerful PC's in the game. The impressive thing is that instruments always cast the spell at the highest level possible! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bards are also very good at ranged weapons (bow and sling), which is a great must in this game.

Just to let you know, upon checking the stats of my characters, my mage and my bard have the greatest number of kills, with the fighter coming in a very close third behind the bard. So don't think a bard is useless like in Wizards & Warriors. I can assure you they aren't.

Cheers,
-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote