View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 07:20 PM   #44
wellard
Dracolisk

1. How you voted (of course)

Pro choice only after counciling.

2. Why

A life starts when it's living, ie the moment of BIRTH onwards not conception. this Xweeks and it's a baby or heartbeat/brain activity argument is like chasing your tail (IMHO) a paralised brain dead coma victim lying in a hospital bed is dead not living. an old person bed bound senile and no hope of improvement is also dead and should be allowed youthansia (IMHO)But that is another debate altogether.

3. Whether that conflicts with your religion's stance on the issue

I'm not religious this week... but every time I see Ceric the barbarians sig I question myself..

4. Whether your views change with extenuating circumstances (e.g. you do not support abortion but would support it for rape and incest victims, especially when they are young, or in the cases where the mother's life is in danger).

I would recommend abortion without counciling

5. (just for s*ts and giggles) Whether or not you support the death penalty and how, if at all, you see that relative to your abortion stance.

Life imprisoment (not 20 years) with every day the threat of a bashing and rape is the sort of punishment that should always be. I've allways thought the death penalty was a WAAAAAAAY soft option supported by bleeding hearts. mind you dead prisoners cant sue for wrongfull imprisoment. the cost of all those people on death row that are just waiting for DNA to prove them innocent must be astronomical. maybe I'll leave this one for another debate.

Hope this generates worthwhile debate. I will note I have not posted on this before because it is one of the touchiest subjects out there. But, the level of maturity on this community leaves me hopeful.

Well done everybody.. so far [img]graemlins/smilebounce.gif[/img]

[ 01-27-2003, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years