View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 05:06 AM   #10
DinkumThinkum
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
We have another Heinlein fan, I see. Welcome, cobber!
Congratulations!

I used this alias (along with the same 'From:' location) on several Morrowind forums for several years as a very active poster, and I also used it on some of the Everquest sites for a year or so a long time ago.

And I'm fairly certain you are the only person who's ever commented on where the name comes from. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by aleph_null1:
I'll add a general rule I learned from Doom in '93:

Always run.

I've never seem to have problems with thieves, except when playing someone -- say, an old & grey wizard -- which requires that I walk at a stately pace to stay in character.
I'm just starting to get into the game, and haven't noticed anything important or valuable disappear yet, but from reading old posts here I gather that people have sometimes lost quest items or other valuables to thieves, so I thought I'd ask for advice just in case.

Most of the quest items I've run into have either been equippable or small enough to go into the pocket inventory slots, so I think I'll be OK as long as I'm careful how I carry things. Gold I store in the bank when I leave town, and losing what I pick up out of town isn't going to break the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My characters are perpetually short on cash, so I'm always careful to pick up everthing (aided by Spirit Eye) after a battle. And I've been preaching the 'Save early, save often' line for CRPGs for more years than I care to think about.
Morrowind modder resources:<br /><br />PotionSaver script for Companions and other NPCs<br /><br />Teleport disable/trap and banishment scripts<br /><br />Morrowind mod:<br /><br />Unarmored Corrector V01 (for players)<br /><br />All on [url]\"http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Resources.html\" target=\"_blank\">Emma\'s web site</a>.
DinkumThinkum is offline   Reply With Quote