View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 03:25 AM   #6
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: Impressions of TES V?

My own system (bought primarily to run Oblivion on high) is barely capable of running Skyrim. Still, it's playable. Too early to form an overall opinion, but first impressions are mostly good. I especially like the new character models and voice acting. No uncanny valley, no hamming it up. For the most part, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was made with an adult audience in mind, rather than an audience who plays the game inbetween episodes of Power Rangers.

The interface sucks, but no big surprise considering it was made for console users. (interestingly, even the consolers are complaining due to the fonts being too small to easily read).

The scaled levelling system is just as stupid an idea now as it was for Oblivion.

Further dumbing down of game mechanics and stats for dumbass xboxers tickles an angry nerve, as does the perk system.

True to form, Beth has again forgotten about a major playing style while designing the game. This time it's magic users who get the blunt end. You can be whatever you want to be, but if you want to excel, you gotta be primarily melee.

I'm sure i'll come up with many more as i keep playing...

(Edit: Yeah, whatever was wrong with item durability? Gone completely. Grr)
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo

Last edited by Sever; 11-23-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote