View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 04:35 PM   #37
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Skywalker,
I have no problem with you being a pacifist or wanting peace. I may have come off stronger then intended in my earlier reply to one of your posts. I was just suprised that you would have fallen for the bombing of innocent Afghani people line. While you and I are polar opposites on the political front, I have found you to be intelligent,repectful, not given to emomtional statments, or the hypocritical "My way is the only way and if you don't agree with me then you must be THE closeminded, argumentative one" view.
If you have any suggestions on how to get rid of the terrorist without military strikes I'm all ears. But please bare in mind that we have tried the diplomatic, economic sanction, and failed miserbly on the intel. route. The only option I see left to us is the military route. As General W.T.Sherman said "war is hell" (gags as his southern mind quotes Gen. Sherman). I'm willing to compromize, as I beleive you are inorder to find a solution, who knows maybe we can come up with something.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"