View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
UncleJoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Lock Up In Shrine Of Anephas

Hi Wyven, long time no see. Got a problem I didn't see anywhere else in the forum (but I could have missed it).

Playing the game on XP Pro SP3, 2 gig memory, DirectX 9c, NVIDIA 6150SE. In the Shrine of Anephas, Altar Room, when I grab the statue in the left (South East) corner, and begin moving it, I get a funny low pitch sound and the game locks up. Only way out is Control-Alt-Del.

In the past I've played the game 10 or 12 times on this and similar computers without any problems. And, in fact, until this incident, this game was running smoothly.

I reloaded each of the saved games from shortly before entering the Altar Room all the way back to Skull Castle but it always freezes at the exact same point. I've also uninstalled the game and reinstalled (with and without the patch), using the same saved games, but it always locks up. I've installed the game on my other computer (XP SP3, 4 gig RAM, DX9c, but a built in video system) and had the exact same problem.

So, I thinking the saved games are corrupt and possibly they corrupt my newly installed games - if that's possible. But what to do???? I'm not in love with the idea of starting over, going all the way to the Shrine, and then having the same thing happen. Ouch!

I'm open to suggestions and hoping one of the experts on this forum can offer something new.

Regards! And Thanks! in advance.
UncleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote