View Single Post
Old 11-11-2000, 11:45 AM   #1
Archimedes
Welcomed New User

I can't access the mage guild in the town you start out in. I also can't exit Ishad N'ha. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a temple in Ishad N'ha, or a Town hall in the town you start out in, but if there are, I can't access either of those. I also can only access one set of gates (to Nymph lake) in the starting town.

After I found the mage guild to be missing in the starting town I asked members of this forum for help. They replied that it was the furthest building to the left in the initial town. Slightly up on a hill. Thanks freudianslip and Davros. I appreciate the help because it allowed me to verify that this is a definite bug in my game. That building will not highlight in my game, nor can I click on it to enter, nor is any text displayed when I move the pointer over it. The furthest building to the left that I can access in that town is the tavern.

However, I figured I would be okay with just accessing the mage guild from Ishad N'ha (or however that is spelled). Went there, and tried it. No problems gettign itnot the mage guild there. I also notedf that Ishad N'ha had a town hall, which my starting town didn't (possible other bug). I was willing to accpet these bugs when I found to my dismay that I could not exit the town of Ishad N'ha because the town gates would not highlight or let me out (they were bugged the same way). Also, since there was a temple in the initial town, but no temple building was clickable in Ishad N'ha, I am guessing that this might be another bug.

I tried unuinstalling and reinstallign my game to see if that might help. No dice. Same problem in starting town.

If anyone knows of a patch that is in the works, or a setting that might resolve this problem (for example, maybe this always occurs when you do full installs and I should be doing the smaller install instead) I would appreciate the help.

As a side note, I am running Windows 2000. Since everything else seemes to work fine I am skeptical that Windows 2000 is the problem, but if anyone else has encountered this problem themselves while running Windows 2000, but not when running another OS I would be interested to hear about it. Unfortunately I do not have any other OS to try it under.