Thread: Some people...
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 12:51 PM   #9
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
I didn't say anything about leglislation, though if a company doesn't take the responsible path to making a better tool, they should be punished if not by leglislation then by consumers.

IMO preventive technology is the responible choice for hand gun manufacturers and a perfectly fair thing for gun owners to ask for.

I highly doubt, in our age of high tech, that a simple yet effective smart gun is impossible. I have seen protoypes that use a small key device, similar to a USB memory key, that prevents a gun from being fired unless the key is present.
That's the problem Chewie! They make preventative technology! It's the idiots who are too lazy to use it that are the problem! Most pistols come with a cable lock. You can buy effective trigger locks for a pittance. I read a story a while ago about a four year old getting into his parents SUV (which was running and unlocked) at the campground. He somehow popped it into drive and plowed through some tents before stopping. If someone was killed, should the car manufacturer be responsible for the death? Or, as in my opinion, are the parents to be repremanded for being idiots for not turning off the car or at least the parking brake when leaving children unattended in the passenger compartment? Are companies expected to make a perfectly idiot proof product? With the quality of idiots being made today? Are you serious?

[ 09-30-2003, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Sir Kenyth ]