View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 04:13 PM   #5
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Dan, I am very sorry that I cannot help you out this time. Of course, I know that we have discussed it and you know that I can no longer help you out financially.

To the rest of you, I have sort of been a safety net for Dan over the past two years or so. Except for the period of time in 2002 when I was out of work, I have contributed to IW on a monthly basis. I am not saying this to put myself foward, but I have given thousands of dollars to Ironworks. When I say that I have been a safety net, not only have I contributed $50 to $100 or more every month, if Dan needed something in addition to paying for the hosting and bandwidth, I covered it---the Ghostwriter software, the surge protector, a new hard dive, the site license, a year's worth on hosting for tgeweb, etc. Dan knew that he could come to me in an emergency and I would send the money immediately.

I sent Dan my last donation in November, I believe it was, for $500. I told him that would be my last donation because I could no longer post here anymore. I was happy to contribute to Ironworks while I was welcomed to post here, and although Dan still welcomes me here, the actions of others have made it impossible for me to post.

I am saying all this to tell you all that the safety net is gone, and there is alot of slack to be caught up on a monthly basis.

Dan is a good man and I am pleased to count him among my very good friends.

I also want to say than not everyone who posts and states or implies that they are sending money in fact do. I have had phone conversations with Dan, and to those of you who like to give people the impression that you support Ironworks financially, I know that you don't. I know pretty much who gives around here and who doesn't. Let me tell you folks, you would be surprised to find out who some of the people are that give and more than shocked to find out that some people that you are sure are contributing have never, and I quote Dan, “sent a penney to help out.”

I know who you are though, and Dan knows who you are and I sincerely hope that you are ready to finally step up to the plate.

I also want to tell you that although Dan does not want anyone who cannot contribute to contribute, it hurts him deeply that he gets so little support from the membership of a forum this size from those who can. I can count on one hand the number of people around here he can count on for consistant financial support, and I was one of the main ones, and he cannot count on me now.

So, it's now up to you guys.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>