Thread: LOF: Awakenings
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 09:13 AM   #17
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Xaver

Xaver has been thinking about his new companions. Sever's disappearance confirmed his worst suspicions. That person was a simple crook. Xaver had met many of his type before. The loudest ones when it came to making promises were the first to run away when the work had to be done. He was sure Sever would reappear again when the time to collect the reward came.
"Good riddance" he thought. "I did prefer it to have him close to be able to keep an eye on him, but this is just as well."

His thoughts were interrupted by Pandaros's remark and he looked at the group he was pointing to. One of them at least seemed to be an elf, but what caught the dwarf's eye first was the wolf by their side.
The three of them seemed to notice them and slowly the wolf and his companion raised their hands. The gesture seemed a peaceful one but Xaver has travelled around enough to know that seemingly peaceful gestures could mean the exact opposite. What he saw now could be a greeting but could just as well mean "halt and go no further." He did not want to take chances.

"Alright, listen" he turned to Pandaros. "I don't know what those three are up to. They could be simple travellers, merchants or gods know what, but under these circumstances it would be wise to assume the worst. Could you fire an arrow and have it land some 10 feet before them? Just make sure you don't hurt them now. I'll go up and speak with them. They don't seem humans but hopefully they speak common. Now, the moment you see any of them making any threatening move, don't be afraid to shoot. Aim for the lady next to the wolf first, I'll go for the other two."

He took out his axe and proceeding slowly up the hill shouted out. "Listen the three of you. I don't usually greet strangers in this manner, but I'm sent by the rulers of this town and we are to look for whatever has been haunting the forest. Now, I would ask you to take out any weapons you might possess and place them on the ground. It is not my intention to hurt you, I just wish to talk. My companion behind me is armed and will respond accordingly should you make any threat. So put down your weapons, come forward and identify yourself. I just want to speak for a moment, and if you turn out all right, you can be on your way."
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote