View Single Post
Old 09-13-2001, 02:15 AM   #44
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
Oh yes, I can see where what you are saying is true! After all, Americans have only died for American people. We have never died for anyone but our own countrymen. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

While our troops were in foreign countries, dreaming of homeland and their families, the families left behind in America had to understand that our own freedom wasn't all that mattered! Do me a favor 'Dio' do your homework before you put down the Americans as being self centered! When was the last time you left YOUR family to go to another country to fight for their freedom? Just a question!
Liliara, Diogenes, please calm down. I understand that there is a difference in opinion here, but let's not resort to personal comments here and keep things nice, calm and unpersonal (if you can say that), ok?
I can't say anything to the Vietnam wars and what America has done in the last century because I know just about nothing about it (in Germany History lessons begins with the ancient Egyptians and works to modern times. We're currently somewhere around WWI). What I do know is that American help saved Germany's economy and kept thousands of people from starving after WWII - among others my grandmother's family.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 09-13-2001).]