View Single Post
Old 02-23-2003, 09:23 PM   #1
esquire
The Magister

Ok so I have heard about this sword before but I have never actually found it until now.

The funny thing is though, I swiped the sword without losing a single hp! It was all thanks to the fearless feats of Nalia.

I knew from a previous game that there was a big bad lich in the closet in that inn by the entrance to the city. I had stumbled upon him by accident before but I had no chance to beat him with my low level party. This time was no different, everyone was about level 10. So I figured I would take a risk and sneak past the lich, break into the chest I knew was there, swipe whatever was in it and get the hell out of there before he even realized anyone was there. Nalia put on the cloak of non-detection, cast haste, and then invisibility. Sneaking her inside was easy enough, the lich just stood in the back guarding... and waiting... I didn't want to take any chances with failing lock pick, as time was of the essence. Once Nalia got into position in front of the chest I cast a knock spell. THe chest opened and I frantically clicked on everything, I didn't even stop to look what she was grabbing. As soon as the chest was opened the Lich became aware of Nalia's prescence, as her invisibility was purged! He started casting his protection spells. But it was too late, Nalia had already drunk a potion of invisibility and was nothing more than a shadow, and with the haste still active she rushed to the door before the lich could get off a time-stop or a nasty gate spell. To my relief, the Lich didn't follow her! I was safe! And now I have this cool sword. The only bad thing is that I don't currently have anyone in my part who is specialized in long swords. I guess minsc will have to pick up a star in that later on, or maybe I will find an NPC who can make use of it. Regardless, its special ability to combat undead should come in handy

[ 02-23-2003, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: esquire ]