View Single Post
Old 05-31-2002, 10:32 AM   #10
skywalker
Banned User

Of course, I'm being largely facetious, but nothing would surprise me lately.

I feel terrorism is used to push an agenda that may be less than desirable in the future. Once the Pandora's Box is opened, it is hard to close it again with all our freedoms intact.

It is true that we cannot be completely safe from terrorists and that is something we need to come to terms with. But I'm not sure if any of these measures will make us safe either.

If I want to say something against policies of my government, I should not have to fear that goverment if we indeed, do have Freedom Of Speech.

BTW, who here thinks the FBI operatives will frequent Christian Churches to gather terrorist info. No, they will lining up at Muslim Churches (Mosques). Now, in the current state of affairs, that sounds logical, but no matter how you slice it, it comes up as profiling via religious belief.

It is easy for me to rail about all the stuff the gov wants to do. I live in small town America - not much chance terrorism will touch me personally. Seeing what is going on now, with new laws and regulations, and people being detained and freedoms being trounced, I can't help but think the terrorists are winning.

Sorry, I just realized T was ranting.

Mark