View Single Post
Old 01-28-2002, 06:20 AM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
LOL Mel I have been to a live classical concert in which they played Mozart's Requiem and I tried to listen! I truly did!
But.....

I fell asleep [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Are you sure? The whole of it? Must have been a lousy choir then [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway I can understand that people don't like classical music - I detest SOME classical music myself. It does surprise me a little however when people fail to notice (let alone appreciate) the obvious genius with which some classical music is composed. If you would listen to the Kyrie Eleison from his Requiem for instance, you'd notice how brilliantly it is put together. The main theme is repeated by the different voicegroups (soprano tenor alto bass) in such an ingenious way it is stunning. You need a recording where all can be distinguished clearly, some recordings have altogether too many sopranos so the rest drowns out. But I'm probably preaching in the wrong church here anyway

I just cannot understand some people (not you [img]smile.gif[/img] ) who say classical music is boring and then they put on some uninspired mainstream one-ht-wonder RnB and they don't think THAT's boring?? LOL, I don't have anything against any genre per se, but I want to hear something new, a well-written refrain, or an original singer, or an interesting rhythm... anything [img]smile.gif[/img]