Thread: icewind 2
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2002, 03:01 PM   #5
Darkman

quote:
Originally posted by JR Jansen:
With the financial trouble Interplay had, and still, has i only hope that it doesn't turn out to be a rushed cash cow. A game only to profit of the BG/IWD names which has not a lot of quality. I'm not saying it is going to be such a game, i only hope it isn't one. Wait and see.

I disagree. I've been lurking a bit on the IWD2 board over at Interplay and it seems to me that the IWD2 staff is genuinely trying to improve the game as much as possible by taking input from their most dedicated fans. It can be argued that IWD was just a rushed cash cow designed to profit off of BG1's huge popularity, but it turned out to be a pretty good game IMO. The proposed changes that will be implemented in IWD2 already show that it's going to be at least up to par with IWD1. I think with IWD2 we'll have more of the same stuff that made IWD1 great, but with many improvements that will make it even better... new races, kits, spells, etc. Plus they are redoing the way you roll character stats so people will no longer be able to play super characters by rolling for hours on end [img]smile.gif[/img]