View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:07 PM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rikard T'Aranaxz:
Dawn of the Dead remake was nice, but probably coz they chose a different approach for it other then just trying to copy the old DotD
<font color = lightgreen>Dawn of the Dead is different, because it isn't so much a movie as it is a social commentary. As such, it needs to be remade every 10 to 15 years as societal modes change.

Recall the original version from 1964. A black man slaps a white woman. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] A young child attacks, kills, and begins to eat her parents. [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] Those were really pushing the envelope of acceptability in that day.
The remake from 2004 was all-right, but didn't push the boundaries as much as I would have liked. They should have shown the baby being shot, not just hinted at it. However, I like the fact that zombies aren't lumbering stalkers anymore, but agile and fast. They're more dangerous that way.</font>
</font>[/QUOTE]Actually that was Night of the Living Dead, which was remade, in color with Jamie Lee Curtis as Barbara IIRC, not as good as the original, but you're thinking of the original dawn of the dead, which is substantially different from the 2004 remake.