View Single Post
Old 09-07-2001, 08:30 AM   #1
Tancred
White Dragon

I almost laughed my teeth out when confronted by this little gem - a curious exchange between Jan and Viconia...

J: "So, Viconia, you must be a Drow, eh?"

V: "Speak not to your betters, surface slave."

J: "My brother, Elgar Buttercup, had skin the shade of charcoal, too. Well, technically it WAS charcoal. He died in a nasty fire, you see."

V: "You do love the sound of your own voice, don't you, gnome?"

J: "My own voice? Heartless wench! Do you not know? I am deaf. I have never heard the sound of my own voice. I read lips... (sob)... only lips..."

V: " Deaf? Truly? In the Underdark the deaf are killed or used in pain threshold experiments."

J: "I heard that! In fact, it reminds me of the time I was eaten by an Avatar of Lolth. I was stuck inside her stomach with a miserale Drow called Biffle Chump for days. Of course, I was forced to eat him. A matter of survival, you understand - nothing personal. He tasted a bit like chicken."

V: "Malvolio (my evil assassin), how is it you travel with such a wee buffoon?"

M: "Truthfully, it all goes back to the time that Jan's cousin, Plooty Paladin-Piper, got caught in a nasty Flesh Golem eating contest...

J: "Aye, Plooty had a way of attracting Golems. Brilliant, really. You start with a saucer of milk - Golems are suckers for milk..."

V: "I refuse to listen to this."