View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Default Re: Dungeon Seige III

Kakero - Glad to hear about that PC Friendly patch. I also read about people using a gamepad instead of the keys, but I figure those are people who use gamepads and console games more so are familiar with them. I myself have used a keyboard/computer since the 80s at work and home, so it is easier for me. It may take a little getting used to the keys you need to use to play, but eventually I'll get it down and will be able to play without looking at the keyboard.

Albromor - I've also read complaints re the game but many are people who seem to just not like the type of game. I mean, Dungeon Siege has always been a game where you mostly just run around and kill stuff mostly. The storylines are OK but nothing all that terrific. I've also read complaints about not finding much of value at Merchants, but that may be storyline related, and really, DSII didn't offer much of value Merchant-wise. Most of your good stuff came from random finds or from killing stuff. DSIII certainly graphically looks Like all the other Dungeon Sieges though. Differences are the key controls, no pausing (boo - but they may fix that), only the four characters to pick from and no changing the face/hair etc. of those characters. Some people have complained about the mapping, saying they end up wandering into higher level areas they shouldn't be at, but supposedly at times you get a "glittering path" which leads you the correct way. Plus, re the mapping, sheesh, DSII had the miniest of mini maps LOL. DSIII has a map that looks bigger to me (although this time around I am using a way bigger monitor so it may just look bigger because of that, but either way it is not smaller than DSII's map). Also, I've read that the main monsters target whoever hits them first, but that to me isn't a big deal. I remember in the DSII addon - Broken Sword, at least in our multigame, sheesh it seemed the monsters targeted whoever ran away which kind of sucks cause usually one runs away when they are getting ready to croak LOL. Also, you get healing/mana orbs in DSIII instead of potions, and some say that there are many leech/regeneration abilities out there, so there may not be as much of a need for those orbs. Sounds fine to me!

Either way, I am not daunted yet. Not enough reviews out there yet to get a real good idea of how the game is, plus there are always the first patches that will fix a lot of things.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote