View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 10:49 AM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well personally, I'm not much for immigration. You've got wine in your glass, but you don't think you have enough to drink, so you add water in it. You don't have wine anymore.

I keep hearing about how we need immigration to keep our population growing, and how x percentage of the population is immigrants. I'm sorry, but those people are not real citizens unless they get assimilated. They don't think like us, they don't act like us, they have no loyalties to us.

I've ranted on this a couple of times before, but I think it's extremly rude of someone to move to a country and not make efforts to adapt to it.

I know immigrants that live out of government's welfare, never look for real jobs, and secretly work illegally without paying taxes or anything. They come over, use our tax money to pay their appartment, food and clothing, and secretly work without paying the taxes that keep them alive and fed! I know some that don't even try to learn our language. The other day I went to a restaurant and none of the employee even spoke english or french.

I think those new laws are a good idea. You don't move to a country if you have nothing in common with the people living there, and even less so if you won't even be able to communicate with them.

[ 05-24-2006, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]