View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 10:13 AM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Europe doesn't need friggin immigrants, Europe needs to start getting laid, and make new citizens themselves.
LOL.

Declining populations will have economic ramifications, but it needs to happen anyway. The fact that our market systems require new influx of people and a growing/steady population to stay afloat should confirm for us that, mathematically, we are the equivalent of a virus in a laboratory culture.

Here's what my President always say:

"America needs these immigrant laborers to do the jobs Americans won't do..."

Here's the unspoken rest of the sentence:

"... for the shitty wages employers are wanting to pay for those jobs."

No minimum wage increase in over a decade. No wonder folks in the hoods would rather sit at home on SSI. Sadly, I agree with them when they say that $5.50 an hour isn't worth leaving home for. It ain't, unless you're a student. We need a wage hike, not a bunch of cheap unskilled labor.

Speaking of unskilled labor, new houses in this country SUCK due to all the unskilled laborers, mostly Mexicans in CA, TX and IL. In days gone by you had carpenters, masons, skilled tradesmen for life. Now you get broken English from a Mexican who says "I can do that" to whatever job you're willing to pay him to do. Fetch a cat from a tree, he can do that. Paint a fence, he can do that. Frame a house, he can do that. Yeah, pffft. He can do them all shittily. I think we've had one IW'er lose his business to this crap.

I think the essential element of labor that pure economics completely forgets is that it is NOT FUNGIBLE.

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] OFF.