View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 10:56 AM   #14
Radek
Red Dragon

First of all, I didn't want to offence anybody. If you feel differently then I do appologize. Please, it's not a hollow phrase but my real wishing.

A game is a fairy tale for me, in which I am taking an active part. I am behaving according to my nature, even if it's only a game.
As far as the "pking" games are concerned, it depends, what's the role of your friend in the game. If he represents himself, then I cannot play such game. If he is a leader of opposing forces, which needs to be defeated, then the situation is different.
Let us consider chess for example. You are playing against your friend and your goal is to checkmate (that means, kill) his king. Is it unethical? No. But suppose that the game logic is such that your friend is representing himself and the goal is killing him. I cannot agree with such game any more.

It seems to be only a formality but it is not. The goal of any game is to "kill" somebody, be it a computer of a friend. Some games have the goal to really kill somebody. I must object against such games. In the rest of games, "killing" means defeating forces led by somebody. Such games are okay at me.

As to the palladin. None of us is a palladin. We are doing things, which we should not do day after day. But there should be a limit, where we should feel that we cannot cross it and remain humans. That's what I meant with "under no circumstances".
Therefore, no, being a pure palladin isn't the only way of playing a "no evil" game.