View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 02:39 PM   #31
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
It's not segregation cloudy. Folks are not being forbidden to see the new forum. They just now have the choice of whether they want to be there or not.
Yes, and if you check Skywalker's thread in GD you will see I support this forum. What I do not support is being told that if a person doesn't like being insulted or baited he/she should leave and not read here. It is possible to debate a subject and not call someone a name or use 'bait' to egg THEM into flaming. That is all we ask.

Dio, I will not do the fingerpointing thing for you so that you can go and individually 'disprove' any allegation of flaming/insult/sarcasm, which, my friend, is all I sense coming out of it. I do not wish to debate each word from each post and whether or not YOU find it insulting etc. You see, I already know that you don't find most of those things to be offensive. You simply say "ignore it, get a thicker skin,it's just a debate". But there are a number of people who do. They are not wrong simply because someone else can't empathize.

Dio, you seem to say that just because many of us want the unnecessary angry and insulting responses to stop, we are somehow advocating peace/love and waterlilies for all...hey.. man.. like nirvana.. lets like all sit and pick our toes... oooooooooh.. We aren't. We want to debate too. We want to discuss too! We don't want oil poured on our heads and a match lit because we disagree, is all!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."